IT’S BLOSSOM TIME!
Yes…the blossoms are now blooming! Be sure to keep an eye on this page for the daily bloom photo. We’ve all been waiting for Mother Nature to deliver over 120,000 acres of white and pink almond blossoms in the Modesto area and it’s time to jump in the car and come on over.
Take the cruise from the comfort of your car using our map or with the Wayfarer audio tour that gives a narrated tour with turn by turn directions, info about almonds and stories from locals all with incredible orchard views and stops.
Find even more Almond Blossom Cruise content HERE – kids activities, restaurants with ‘almonds on the menu’, and staff recommendations that will help create the perfect cruise!
Click HERE to purchase our all-inclusive Almond Blossom Cruise package! Includes accommodations, the audio tour, an almond gift basket and great swag for your cruise.
From the comfort of your own car, the tour app gives you turn by turn directions through the countryside with fun stops along the way. Click HERE to purchase.
The Almond Blossom Cruise is just days away… Sign up below to receive exclusive updates.
Preview of the Wayfarer audio tour!
From the comfort of your own car, the Wayfarer ‘Cruise’ app gives you turn by turn directions with narration through the countryside with fun stops along the way. This audio tour starts just off Highway 99 traveling to Rodin Farms, where you can picnic in the orchards, and Knights Ferry where you can take a stroll along the Stanislaus River. Along the way you learn about George Lucas, The E&J Gallo Winery, learn about the Legend of Zorro’s history near Modesto, experience almond butter milkshakes, taste the #1 Gouda cheese in the US, find the best IG photo spots for your feed, and even get to visit the oldest olive oil producer in the U.S., Sciabica California Olive Oil, for a tasting. Plus you get to fill your trunk with locally made and grown goodies to take home! If you have any problems at all, call the Wayfarer team at 747-388-4621.
Don’t miss out on any Almond Blossom updates! Scan the QR code to the left or text “BLOSSOM” to (209) 217-9068 for the latest Almond Blossom Cruise info and insider tips!
Start Planning Now!
Special thanks to the Almond Board of California, the local ranchers who do all the hard work and the entire community for helping to make this an exciting trip for so many who came to visit!
Did you enjoy listening to local Modesto singer/songwriter Téa Noelle during our audio tour? Check out more of her music at her site HERE!
ALMOND BLOSSOM TOUR MAP
You will find free Maps, Almond Activity Guides, Coloring Books, and more at any of these ‘stops’ along the way:
- Rodin Farms – Oakdale Road
- Roberts Ferry Gourmet – Oakdale and Waterford
- Rodin Ranch Market – Downtown Modesto
- Sciabica Family Olive Oil
- Blue Diamond Gift Shop
- Vintage Faire Mall
- Stewart & Jasper Nut Co – McHenry Village Location
- The Fruit Yard
- Gallo Center For The Arts
- Oakdale Cheese Factory
- Oakdale Cowboy Museum
- Visit Modesto – 1008 12th Street, Modesto
- Visit Oakdale
DO’S & DON’TS of ALMOND BLOSSOM CRUISING
- Drive Carefully and find safe places to park for pictures on your cruise.
- Take lots of photos & share your adventures with us – #visitmodesto & tag us @visitmodesto.
- Be sure to stop at the local farm stands to pick up fresh local products.
- Take walks in approved orchards; Rodin Farms & Roberts Ferry Gourmet in Waterford.
- Walk in orchards or farmland from roadsides.
- Drive into farmland, dirt roads, or along canal pathways.
- Forget to clean up after your pet or your group.
- Pick the blossoms – that’s going to be an almond!
- Leave without grabbing some almonds. From smoked to cinnamon, to jalapeño to chocolate coated, there’s something for everyone.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Is there a fee? No fee. It’s free.
Where Can We Take Pictures? You can take pictures at the following locations:
-Rodin Farms – The almond orchards come up right to the parking lot area.
-Robert’s Ferry Nut Company – The almond orchards also pull up right to the parking lot area.
What’s Your Favorite Spot? Follow us on social media to stay updated on where flowers are blooming.